So You Think You're Funny 2010

It was a cold, rainy, summers night.............

Leicester was buzzing with excitment, the atmosphere was thick in the air, as I wandered around the city centre, blindly fighting my way through the driving rain determined that I would make it to my destination, 153 Granby Street, an address where tonight dreams would be made or shattered, an address where the men would be seperated from the boys, an address where an event of Gladitoral significence would be taking place..... "So, You Think You're Funny?" Funny how? Funny like a clown??


As I rounded the clock tower, the rain appeared to have a last ditch attempt to stop my progress, but there was no need. SHIT, I've left my photo in the car......... As I turn to walk back to the car park some 1mile away, the rain appears to laugh at me "mwahahahahaha, I have made you turn back......."

On my return trip to the car the direction of the rain appeared to change, forcing its icy fingers into my face once again, beating me down with each drop, attempting to try and keep me in some middle ground between my car and my destination. Then I played my trump card! CLINTON CARDS DOORWAY! "HA You can't get me now rain.... I WIN!". This bold move appeared to annoy the rain, who began a down pour of Biblical proportions, Noah would have had his hand on the hammer and screaming for Travis Perkins to get the wood to him ASAP, if he'd been with me in that Clintons Card doorway. I however was more annoyed that I was getting a little splash from the puddle in front of the doorway. This continued for 5mins, untill the rain broke and the sun appeared to break through the clouds.

So I made it to the venue, early, and wet..... much like my first sexual experience!

The Gig

The gig went well, even my mom and dad came to show support. Was a little nervous before getting up on stage, havig been told I could only do 8mins, and I knew my set would be 7mins 55secs, with NO reactions from the audience. But I ploughed through, got the "7 minute light" and this seemed to phase me a little, I started to rush and I missed out the word "Butcher" in the setup to my "handling meat" gag, so I looked a little confused when NO ONE laughed at that. Got the "8 minute" flashing light in the face and finished on my "Clamidia gag", classy when your mom is in the audience.

All in all it was a great night, and I'm hopeful but will not be surprised if I don't make it through to the heats in Edinburgh.

Anyways, onwards and upwards, Dewsbury this Tuesday night, for another "competition" - Don't really know where this one leads, but its all stage time after all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Return top